Monday, May 11, 2009

Meet the Team - 3

Jessica Miller. 10 Facts About Me:

1. I'm 18, a senior in high school and am busy getting graduation party things prepared for this spring.

2.I got into aviation mostly because of my Dad and Grandpa, My dad is a fixed wing and helicopter mechanic, and my Grandpa use to fly but he says i'm hogging the plane now :), my great uncle also flys.

3. I have one brother he is 23 and is going to school for tool and die. My mom is also going to school for accounting

4.I will be going to St.Cloud State next fall for an Aviation Mangement degree and look forward to being involved in all of the aviation organizations there! I want to fly professionally!

5.I soloed on my sixteenth birthday 12-24-06 and earned my private pilot license 3-1-08

6.I am participating in the MN Passport program where I am flying to all the airports in Minnesota, going to safety seminars and aviation museums.

7.I am in the Aviation Explorer Post in Hutchinson and have flown to Ohio twice with them, once as a passenger and once as a PIC

8.I plan to complete my instrument rating by the end of the summer which has presently been delayed a bit with school and all of the Air Race preparations

9. I also participate in Business Professionals of America and compete in accounting, and I made it to nationals in this year which was suppose to be held in Dallas May 6-9 but because of the Swine flu Nationals was pushed back to overlap with the air race so I will not be going to BPA nationals- the Air Race is more important!

10. I was also the captain of the girls swim team this fall, I had been in swimming since 5th grade and I also dove on the team since 10th grade. (anything to get in the air!)

11. I like to trap shoot and play soccer and am on teams for both.

12. I work as a cashier at Cash Wise and as a lifeguard year round to pay for flying.

13. I love giving airplane rides to kids! I am a volunteer Young Eagles Pilot. When I was 17 I even gave myself a young eagles ride! (I had my license and was giving rides when I realised I was still of the age to get a ride!)

14. I want to earn my CFI rating to be able to give other young people like myself flight instruction for less cost.

15. I LOVE ANYTING TO DO WITH AVIATION!

So I spilled over to 15... hope thats not a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment