Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Meet the Team - 2

Irene Lev. 10 Facts About Me:

1. I love running races - 5Ks and 10Ks (but absolutely no marathons!), bowhunting, flying, skydiving, flying when others skydive (that open door and people hanging off the strut really add to the thrill!!))), skiing, tennis, sailing, target shooting, photography, painting. Not necessarily in that order.

2. I am a member of Ninety-Nines, Women in Aviation International, President of local WRJ Sisterhood and a Vice President of Religion and Education of WRJ Midwest Region, an active life member of Hadassah, constantly participating in its missions to Israel and the Middle East. It is an organization that sets the standard for education, youth programs, and health care in the Middle East, and rushes first to the sites of terrorist attacks, treating patients regardless of their race, religion, political affiliation.

3. Hair color – constant, eyes – pensive, nose – cultured, voice – commander’s, mug – brazen, means of survival – bank account and strong coffee, favorite smell – food!!!!

4. My whole life I am learning to say “no.” On those rare occasions when I finally manage to say it, it turns out that it was just the occasion where it would be much better to say “yes.”

5. I like learning foreign languages – all and any. I love to travel – seeing new faces, people in their native surroundings, old buildings, intricate smells of Mediterranean bazaars, tiny shops that sell rare nonsense, dusty city squares in the heat of the meridional sun, cathedrals, narrow scorching cobblestone streets where every crack screams of history, alluring little cafés of central Europe, where tables knew Hemingway, Saint-Exupery and Nietzsche, and many other unnamed poets, philosophers, artists, just people – happy and holding hands or drunk, deeply miserable… and at night moon and city lights are reflecting in dark waters of the canals… Did I mention I love to travel?!...

6. This is fact number 6.

7. I like the smell of fall showers, burning matches, wet soil, train stations, airports, trains and rail sleepers, the smell of wet burning leaves in fall, fire.

8. I do not like time. it always goes too fast.

9. I strongly believe that any objective reality can be altered by a strong desire.


10. On the whole, I cannot gain an understanding what is the need to immortalize artists, writers, poets, political figures and other grains in the world history.
Wise and exalted will be the sculptor, who will make my monument as a symbol of this generation. A monument with a caption – “a common folk.”

3 comments:

  1. Hi Irene, way to go. This looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest in peace, Irene...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene, we were so lucky to have known you..I am deeply saddened by your untimely accident. I will always remember you as a kind, sweet, very intelligent person, a loving mother. I pray that your family finds strength to cope with this loss. Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete